Monday 11 April 2016

Eating One Serving of Fruit a Day Could Extend Your Life | Fitness Magazine

I was surfing the internet as typical as well as I read something that made me believe. I intended to discuss this short article with my readers so they could possibly obtain some added insight on the numerous things connected to this subject. Just learn more what are your thought? I understand I like living healthy and balanced and I believe not nearly enough people meditate regarding these sorts of things. Is there anything that the post does not discuss that it should? I can most likely consider a few things if I actually took a seat, yet that is not the point. The factor is to just take in information as well as consider it in the context of your life. So right here’s the article.

Fruit is good for you. Shocking, right? You may be surprised to find out just how good, though,and just how important fruit is to our healthy diet. In fact, one 100-gram serving of fruit per day (about one medium-sizedapple) can add years to your life, according to a new study published in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Researchers followed more than half a million Chinese adults for seven years, tracking what they ate, their lifestyle habits, and their overall health. They discovered that those who ate just one piece of fruit a day lowered their risk of dying from heart disease by one-third, even when controlling for other factors like smokingand that was true for both men and women. (Here: 5 More Foods That Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease.)

The variety of fruit they ate didn’t seem to matter (apples and oranges were among the common choices), but whetherthe fruit was raw or cooked did make a difference. Much of the fruit consumed in China is raw, which helps maintain the nutritional value and health benefits of the fruit. That means fruit snacks and highly processed apple sauce cups don’t count (sorry!).

If fresh fruit isn’t available where you are or is too expensive, frozen fruit is a good alternative, says anotherstudy from UC Berkley. Fruits frozen at the peak of ripeness may have even more vitamins and antioxidants than fresh ones that have been sitting in the supermarket for a week and then your fridge for a few days. (Try these Surprisingly Creative Ways to Cook with Frozen Fruit.) Just make sure you’re getting plain frozen fruit without any added sugars or syrupsbe particularly careful with pre-packaged frozen “smoothie blends” that often have lots of extra ingredients or artificial sugars.

If there’s one big takeaway from these new findings, it’s that every little bit counts. If adding just one tiny piece of fruit can have such huge health benefits, it’s a no-brainer to drop an orange into your bag when you head out the door. Sometimes making healthy changes can feel http://ift.tt/1tenTQa overwhelming (you want to me exercise for an houralmost every day?!), but this is one change that’s totally doable.

http://ift.tt/20wPGNP

I was browsing the internet as typical and also I reviewed something that made me think. I wished to share this book with my viewers so they might get some extra idea on the numerous points associated to this topic. Exactly what are your idea? I know I like living healthy and also I assume not adequate people think deeply regarding these kinds of things. Exists anything that the post does not mention that it should? I could possibly assume of a few points if I actually took a seat, however that is not the point. The factor is to just absorb info as well as consider it in the context of your life. So here’s the short article.

The post Eating One Serving of Fruit a Day Could Extend Your Life | Fitness Magazine appeared first on The VenusFactor.Reviews Weight Loss Blog.



from The VenusFactor.Reviews Weight Loss Blog - Original Post

No comments:

Post a Comment