Tuesday 12 April 2016

Want to Run Faster? Strengthen Your Hamstrings

I was surfing the internet as usual and also I reviewed something that made me believe. I intended to share this write-up with my readers so they could possibly obtain some additional understanding on the different points connected to this topic. What are your idea? I understand I like living healthy and also I think insufficient individuals think deeply concerning these kinds of points. Is there anything that the write-up does not state that it should? I can probably assume of a few things if I really took a seat, yet that is not the factor. The factor is to simply consume information and consider it in the context of your life. So here’s the article.

Heres why you should work on your hamstrings as you up the training intensity. By Estelle Low

Want_Run_Faster_Strengthen_Hamstrings 960x640.jpg

Work on your hamstrings to run faster. (Photo: maridav / www.123rf.com)

Taking your running to the next level doesnt just involve working on your stamina. Its also about conditioning your muscles to sustain your running form, such as your hamstrings.

A common area of injury for runners is the hamstring muscles.This occurs when the muscles at the back of your thigh are overstretched, typically because the muscles at the front of your thigh (quads) are much stronger, or when you dont warm up adequately before exercising. In severe cases, you will feel pain in the back of the thigh and lower buttock when walking, straightening the leg, or bending over.

Other than making sure you do the right stretching exercises beforeand aftertraining, do these two conditioning moves to strengthen your hamstrings. Recommended by Darek Lam, head sports physiotherapist at Go!Physioclinic, you should do three sets of each move (resting 30 to 60 seconds in between) on days when you arent running.

Exercise for Runners to Strengthen Hamstrings: Single Leg Bridging

Works hamstrings and core

Lie on back with left knee bent, right leg straightened and lifted [A]. Tighten butt muscles and raise hips off floor. At the same time, lift right leg to align with shoulders, hips and knee [B]. Return to starting position. Do 15 reps; switch sides to complete set.

Want_Run_Faster_Strengthen_Hamstrings1 960x640.jpg

Exercise for Runners to Strengthen Hamstrings: Hamstring Stretch

Works hamstrings

Sit down with left leg straightened and right foot tucked near groin. Keeping back straight, lean forward until a stretch is felt in back of left thigh [shown]. Hold for 30 seconds and return to starting position. Do three reps; switch sides to complete set.

Want_Run_Faster_Strengthen_Hamstrings2 960x640.png

Also read:

Run Better With This Hamstring Strengthening Exercise

Easy Exercises to Prevent Runners Knee

http://ift.tt/1N5RBXu

I was browsing the internet customarily and also I reviewed something that made me think. I wanted to discuss this post with my readers so they might get some extra idea on the numerous points related to this topic. Exactly what are your idea? I recognize I like living healthy and balanced and also I believe not nearly enough people think deeply regarding these sorts of things. Exists anything that the short article does http://ift.tt/1qlbLCn not discuss that it should? I can possibly consider a few points if I truly took a seat, but that is not the point. The factor is to just consume details and consider it in the context of your life. So here’s the book.

The post Want to Run Faster? Strengthen Your Hamstrings appeared first on The VenusFactor.Reviews Weight Loss Blog.



from The VenusFactor.Reviews Weight Loss Blog - Original Post

No comments:

Post a Comment