Wednesday 13 April 2016

10 People Share What It’s Really Like To Lose 50 Pounds

The amount of times have you discover a post and also just quit every little thing you were doing and review it completely and aimed to absorb it. I do that on a consistent basis. And also I am sure some of you visitors do that too. Whether you start a web link in your e-mail or you stumble upon something appropriate to you on Facebook, Twitter or other social media site. You understand you have things to do, however you are forced to read. That is just how I really felt in relation to this post I’m showing you. I really believe you should review it and discuss it with any person you think might benefit from it. What are your ideas? Do you have any type of tales associated with this you could share?

Courtesy of Seana Vogt/Graphic byDana Davenport

Losing weight can actually have a lot to do with gaining: Think mental strength,understanding, and self-acceptance (insert raised hands emoji here). These 10women may have some seriously amazing weight loss in common, but their journeys are all uniquely inspiring: From their reason to http://ift.tt/1Mnlwu0 start to their motivation to keep going, these womenhave learned tons along the wayand theyre sharing their struggles, triumphs, and what their weight loss means to them.

SELF chatted with the inspiring women below to find out what theyve learned in the process. Here are the surprising, confusing, and inspiringrevelations from their weight-loss journeys.

1.Pounds may melt quickly at first, but dont be discouraged by plateaus along the way.kymber-moore-beforeafter

Courtesy of Kymber Moore/Graphic byDana Davenport

Kymber Moore, 23, lost75 pounds

The biggest surprise for me was how quickly Ive lost weight.It always seemed like such a slow process. Being a huge fan of instant gratification, it was very helpful to watch the pounds fall of so quickly[but] Iknew that at some point I would hit a plateau.After losing weight so consistently for sevenmonths it is really disheartening. But at the same time Im really happy with what Ive done so far.Now that its getting warmer Ive been playing tennis, which has been super awesome. I definitely realize how much easier it is now that Ive lost so much weight.

2.You dont have to do everything at once. You can focus on healthier eating first, and incorporate exercise when youre ready.seana-vogt-beforeafter-2

Courtesy of Seana Vogt/Graphic byDana Davenport

Seana Vogt, 27, lost 55 pounds

I didnt think it was possible to lose as much weight as I have and as quickly without working out once[but] all of the weight Ive lost is from changing my eating habits.They say abs are made in the kitchen and I believe that more than anything. I have proof! My schedule is extremely busy between working full time and keeping up with two children, a boyfriend, and a dogWe have a great routine at home and [I wasnt]quite ready to throw something new in the mix yet. I plan on adding in some type of exercise into my routine as well as sticking to my clean-eating plan.

3.Your body will undergo a lot of changes, but youll learn to love it.dino-imes-beforeafter

Courtesy of Doni Imes/Graphic byDana Davenport

Doni Imes, 30, lost 60 pounds

I have stretch marks and loose skin galore now, but its strong and its sexy and for the first time in my life, Im proud of it, flaws and all.I feelincredibly sexywith loose skin all over my lower stomach!

4.You find outwhos really cheering you on and whos not.tina-white-beforeafter

Courtesy of Tina White/Graphic byDana Davenport

Tina White, 31,lost 155 pounds

The most challenging part of this journey was being strong enough to walk away from the people and things that were holding me back. I had to learn very quickly that if someone isnt in your corner then you just have to let them go. The people who truly care for you want you to succeed! [I also had to]sacrifice things like having a social life in the beginning, when I knew I wasnt mentally ready to this be around food and drinks without losing control. Not everyone was understanding of this but I had to do what was best for me,and that wasnt easy.

5. Self-investment is what really matters here.renee-beauregard-beforeafter

Courtesy of Renee Beauregard/Graphic byDana Davenport

Renee Beauregard, 26, lost 50 pounds

My weight loss means I gave myself the love and time I deserved all along. Becoming a mother, my first instinct was to put all of my energy and time into my daughter, but I was losing myself in that cycle.Taking the time to eat better and getting some activity in each day made me happier and more energetic for myself and my family.

6. Weight loss may help kick-start more positive changes in yourlife.clarissa-holmes-beforeafter

Courtesy of Clarissa Holmes/Graphic byDana Davenport

Clarissa Holmes, 24, lost 70 pounds

As proud of myself as I am of my physical transformation, I am more proud of my mental and spiritual transformation.I knew I had to change my outlook on lifeand focus on being the best possible version of myself. I started going to counseling, reading a book a week from the New York Public Library, [and] doing whatever I could do to better myself and my relationships with people around me. I still have a long way to go but these few adjustments in my life have made a world of difference.

7. Losing weight doesnt automatically mean you gain confidence.rebecca-kennedy-beforeafter

Courtesy of Rebecca Kennedy/Graphic byDana Davenport

Rebecca Kennedy, 22, lost 60 pounds

The most challenging part of my journey has been my body image issues. Ive struggled with being insecure and self-conscious my entire life, so I really had no idea how to feel confident. Even after losing weight, for a while I still saw myself as huge, and struggled with being comfortable and confident in my new body. I started my discovery into self-love by reading the book Intuitive Eating, going to therapy, and making my fitness goals less appearance-oriented.

8. Dropping pounds doesnt change who you are.amy-huitt-beforeafter

Courtesy of AmyMoore/Graphic byDana Davenport

Amy Moore, 23, lost 50 pounds

Yes, I am 50 pounds lighter than I was before, but I am still Amy. I still struggle with negative thoughts, I still sometimes dislike what I see in the mirror, but I also loved who I was before, and I still love who I am now.If you dont love yourself at 200 pounds, you wont love yourself at 150 pounds.

9. Andit doesnt define you,but it does make you crazy proud of what you can accomplish.heather-crockett-beforeafter

Courtesy of Heather Crockett/Graphic byDana Davenport

Heather Crockett, 32, lost 78 pounds

My weight loss does not define me. Anyone can do this, but I was committed. I did it for me. No one held me accountable. No one forced me to do it. I still cant believe that I have lost all this weight in the last year, but I am incredibly proud of myself for doing it all. And that is the best feeling in the world.

10. Andyou just might find the self-love that youve been looking for along the way.kayte-hennick-beforeafter

Courtesy of Kayte Hennick/Graphic byDana Davenport

Kayte Hennick, 22, lost 90 pounds

I used to spend a lot of time thinking I wasnt good enough, wasnt smart enough, wasnt pretty enoughthat I just simply wasnt enough. But I was always enough, I just had to learn that for myself. When I stopped criticizing my flaws and started loving myself, I realized that I deserved more Through this journey, I have found my confidence and discovered unwavering self-love. Its a process of freeing yourself from everything that holds you back. Your physical appearance does not define you. You are strong, you are beautiful, you are intelligent and you are deserving of true happiness.

Quotes have been condensed and edited for clarity.

You may also like:

[embedded content]

http://ift.tt/1RZipp8

The number of times have you stumble upon a book as well as simply quit everything you were doing and read it totally and attempted to absorb it. I do that on a constant basis. And I make sure some of you visitors do that as well. Whether you start a link in your e-mail or you discover something appropriate to you on Facebook, Twitter or other social media website. You recognize you have stuff to do, however you are obliged to read. That is how I felt about this article I’m discussing with you. I actually assume you ought to read it and discuss it with any individual you think could possibly http://ift.tt/T1Uklu benefit from it. What are your thoughts? Do you have any type of stories associated with this you could discuss?

The post 10 People Share What It’s Really Like To Lose 50 Pounds appeared first on The VenusFactor.Reviews Weight Loss Blog.



from The VenusFactor.Reviews Weight Loss Blog - Original Post

No comments:

Post a Comment